Putu ayu is one of Indonesian traditional cake. In indonesia putu ayu is
be included into jajanan pasar. I asked my mum to buy the molds for me
when she came to visit us this month. I already browsing around to see
the recipe for a long time but since i didn't have the mold yet, I
couldn't try it.
it's my first experience to make putu ayu. It looks simple but it's
not. To find the right recipe and the right texture that I love, I
should try more than one time. This time, the taste was perfect but the
texture it's not that spongy like the one I had in my mind. I should try
to improve the recipe next time I make it again.
for now I'd like to share the recipe because sometimes some people love
to have cake with this kind of texture. It's a bit heavy for me though.
Source: keluarga Nugraha
- 75 gr shredded coconut
- 100 gr sugar
- 100 gr plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 75 ml coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pandan paste
- Spread the molds with oil or margarine. Heat up the steamer.
- Using electric mixer, mix eggs and sugar until fluffy.
- Add coconut milk, salt and pandan paste. Mixed well.
- Put shredded coconut at the bottom of the mold then pour the pandan mixture.
- Steamed for about 15 minutes using medium heat.
Note: cover the pan lid using tea towel so the fumes not drip on the top of the cake.
Thank you and best regards,